Thursday 21 June, 2007

Virused

I finally have enough strength to sit in front of a computer,long enough to make this post. And boy, Im glad its not going to be my last one. I wasnt thinking like this a couple of days ago. Remember that eye infection I mentioned in my last post? It was brief, I said it sucked, you know the one. Well it really kicked into high gear the same night, spread to my other eye and subsequently the rest of my body was infected. Not infected in a pussing, oozing, sort of way, but in a much more painful way. My body temperature soared and its been quite high till today. Thats 5 days of body ache, legs, back, neck, head, throat, ears, eyes and nose. My mother,an angel really, has nursed the life back into me. I woke up today with no fever, and no pains in my legs, hips and lower back. Im still dealing with my entire head being congested, but that I somehow can cope with. If anyone knows anything about me its that I dont often get sick, and when I do, Im over it pretty quick. I come from good, no scratch that, GREAT genes (touch wood), so this was as much a pshycological blow as it was physical. I gave blood and urine samples in the last two days, and I dont have malaria, which was a huge relief, and I dont have typhoid. Its an obscure virus that really did (and is still doing) a number on me. I went to my pediatrician, a lady that practically raised my brother and I (according to Mum) and within minutes she knew what was wrong. Bless her Soul. I havent been taking any anti-biotics because they dont exist for unknown viruses so Im battling it with vitamins, fluids, and love. And I havent been going to work,obviously, actually I havent been doing much of anything really, but what I miss the most is taking pictures. And since I promised myself that Im only going to be shooting people this role, its been really limiting. I was blog surfin a bit yesterday and I came across this guy, Neil Gunner, whos got The Toronto People Project going. It was so inspiring, and made me miss Toronto immensely, so I think you should all check him out, since I have no photos to offer: http://www.torontopeopleproject.com/index.htm
He is also a copywriter, which is strange because that is what I am slowly getting into here at Inner Circle. Anyway, he shoots film with an old SLR 50mm lens, like me, so the quality of the photos are immaculate, the colours vibrant, and the subject matter ceaselessly intruiging. I was totally meant to stumble across this site, and Im so glad I did. I think I am going to have a little harder time than he has approaching people, mostly because of the language barrier and my mild case of timidness. Check out some of his other photography as well. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Send some good, strong energy out there for me please, so I can get back to my every day life of crime fighting!
Love to all,
R

3 comments:

Light Rose said...

Oh. I am so glad you are not dead.

Where do you work again? What does the company do?

I'm thinking of getting a new camera, although I think I'm going to need more money than I anticipated for it, but we will see!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE
PEACE PEACE PEACE PEACE
HEALTH HEALTH HEALTH
HAPINESS HAPPINESS
EXCITEMENT!!!

misses wishes and kisses
Lana

JaguarHeartWoman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Quintessence of Ether said...

who leaves a comment and then deletes it?! ARGH thats too much of a tease for me to handle.