Monday 11 June, 2007

Quiet Observations

Oh what a week its been..
I've recently joined this incredibly spirited advertising agency called Inner Circle. The gift of chance landed me in this quaint, thriving agency full of possibilities and overflowing with positive energy. I wish I could express with words how special all the people I'm surrounded with are. They are all self-professed nut jobs, so I fit right in..
I can't actually claim that I am working, because im not really working, I'm shadowing, going to meetings, movie screenings, interviews, philosophising and generally cavorting with the people I "work" with. Im sure you will slowly meet everyone through this blog as I will continue to photography the kindred spirits around me..
Other than that, I've been trying to play as much tennis and swim like the madwoman I know I am. Oh to be able to swim under the starry skies again..
I have so much more I want to say about life here, but I have a lot of photos, so I'll just get started..


I didnt notice the actions of the ladies on this clay pot until I looked at this photo. You can make of it what you will..

To keep the robbers out, broken glass and barbed wire.

The Inner Circle office is located right near the Chief Minister's house so security is tight. I like.
If you want to know about random, this plate is it. Enlarge and find out.

The lovely Shreya, this girl is as good as Gold.

These last phots were all taken around Inner Circle, so much character oozes from every brick, every mossy exterior, every random clay pot.

Murali, what a wonderful kid. On our day out doing field research for Marrakesh-a lounge bar. He's a wonder kid cause he can fly.

This man chops tabbacco with his machine and then packages for people to chew on or smoke. A modest living, but I'm sure he does fairly well.


The most blatant of human exploitation in India, man -powered rickshaw drivers. (I have been corrected by my mother that this form of exploitation only occurs here in Calcutta! Anyone dare to take on this human rights challenge?!) You should see some of them go, its nearly super-human.

This was a wonderful hole in the wall with delicious curry, best of all, it was only Rs. 3. That doesnt even register in Canadian currency. He should raise his prices so he can feed his children too..maybe give them an education to boot.

This is the Sikh deity of Guru Nanak.

Even in the midst of these shantis there is so much colour.

Some people call this home.


This photo might look a bit crude because the pup in the middle is taking a shit. These three pups just loll around all day, what a life.


This one is for Roger Federer, for still not managing to claim the prestigious Roland Garros clay court grandslam tournament title. This year, Rafael Nadal continues to rule the unforgiving red clay for the 3rd year in a row. Grrr..

My father, Bikram Das, immortalised (or so to speak) as an athletic legend along with other respective athletes, since even before my time.
Two of my favourite pastimes, swimming and playing tennis, conveniently located right next to each other.


I wish I could start shooting some photos of Mamoni that aren't underexposed!

My Mummy getting the party started, as soon as her partner and her got onto the dance floor everyone else followed. But, of course.


Im exhuasted and running on 8 hours of sleep in the last 60 hours..so I'm readily eyeing my bed.
Thanks for checking out my blog, its really w hat keeps me going. I hope you enjoy this week's edition.
Oh, and Mummy, I know this isnt a terribly pretty posting like I promised earlier but such that is life..
See ya'll again soon and I'll catch ya on the flip side!
Luff,
Ro(ho)bo


1 comment:

Ryan Marr said...

the shots look beautiful. The title sums it up, beautiful observations.