Monday 4 June, 2007

Sometimes I wake up and forget where I am..

Another day, another roll...
I realise the composition in some of these photos could be a bit better, but I was shooting most of them from a moving vehicle, so bear with me..
I showed my mum these photos and she doesnt like them because they arent pretty. My arguement was that we dont live in a 'pretty' sort of world. Regardless, she made a good point, so Im going to try and make my next roll a pretty one. For you,mummy..

Meow.
One kitty I wouldnt want to bring home with me.


Trams in Calcutta

Modes of transportation.

But not this one, I think it might need servicing first.

My first mango in India, first of many,that is. This ones for you, Bo..

Paddy WagonThe man on the right was selling freezies out of a styrofoam icebox that was probably white at one point, in this city everything is a shade of brown.

Cell-phone wielding, rickshaw-driving business men..


Making sugarcane juice.
I didnt even notice the red Canadian shirt in the back till I looked at this photo.

More cane, going in or coming out?

Down the street from my house, the gulley(alley)where I get my film processed. Theres a few nice stores down this way, with Dominos pizza to boot!

In India, people arent afraid to stare..he watched me the entire time it took me to focus and shoot. Who me? Intimidated? Never.

I feel sorry for this woman. Despite how pretty her Burkha is, I couldnt imagine her feeling too comfortable in this weather.
The photo-ad of the creepy looking man in the back is India's most famous/rich/powerful actor, Amitabh Bachchan. He is a living proof of many things wrong with this society. His face is everywhere.
Basically, I find this photo unnerving.

Done and Did.
As the dear Jeffrey Moon likes to say,
Peach out.
-R

2 comments:

Ryan Marr said...

You're making me homesick. :/ haha. A beautiful start. I'll be watching.

-Ryan

Light Rose said...

bo