Thursday 14 June, 2007

Black met White and they made Grey.

Yesterday I went for a swim at the club and while I was in the shower, a brief one, maybe 5 minutes, all of my Indian ruppees were stolen right out from my wallet. They left what little Canadian and American money was in my wallet, nothing else was taken. It wasnt much, maybe Rs. 100. I was pissed, not exactly about my money having been stolen, but the fact that someone had the nerve to go through my things. Its a violating feeling, and anyone who has had something stolen from them would understand this. Whoever took it, and Im pretty sure I know who, needs the money more than I do. Regardless, I was a bit shaken up by it.
On a lighter more refreshing note, the monsoons have finally arrived, and its wonderful to see everyones lively spirits. I want to have a dinner party at our place one of these days, perhaps to celebrate, but who needs a reason to have a party anyway?
Anyhow, onto more interesting things, or not. This is my first roll of B/W, I shot a roll of Ilford HP5, a roll I brought with me from Canada and my favourite film to shoot with. However, the developing wasnt done by myself, nor was it done in an Ilford developer, so the results are rather grey and mucky. I could go into them and clean it up, but a.)I dont have the means to do so, and b.)I like my raw prints.
Regardless, Ive chosen a few of my favourites.
Ive promised myself two things: i. Im going to make a more concious effort to start shooting more people and less things, as Im finding Im getting a bit bored, mostly because the novelty of this world is slowly wearing off and there is so much more character and story in a persons face than in a brick wall. And ii. I am going to take the lovely Julia's advice and starting pulling out more and attempting a larger perspective in my photography, she wants to actually see India. I dont blame her, I want to see India too.

Enough blabber, lets begin..

Meet Ahona. This girl is solid. I adore her because without her Inner Circle would fall apart. Another self-professed nut-job.

From left: Ahona, Shreya, Kanchan (boss man) and Moida at CC&FC collecting players for a football shoot.

Rugby Season! Mmm..strong men in short shorts.

Players, Crows and Bros.

I didnt take this photo. I was teaching a friend, Priyanka, how to use an SLR, and I think she took this by accident. Regardless, Im glad she did. This is Mamoni, remember her? Yes, shes a sexy goddess, I know...

Murali, in a taxi, on our way back from the editing studio.

This dog isnt dead, I think hes just napping on the cool sand.

Billie Goats.
Old World.This one speaks for itself.

Some of these are going to look so cool when I get to print them myself.
Goodluck to my brother Rahul, who is running for Class Rep at the Richard Ivey School of Business in London, Ont. While he has bravely gone back to school to do his MBA, I have boldly taken a giant leap away from it. Life is full of mysteries.

Thanks for watching.
Happy Summer Showers to one and all!
Fill your belly's with good food and dont forget to feed your pets!

Love,
-R

2 comments:

Ryan Marr said...

beautiful entry. you're making me miss the "homeland". I need to return soon.

Anonymous said...

ro ro ro my boat with these photos. I'm guessing they are mostly fruits of your labour because.. because of the wonderful things they does to my eyes & brain. I wish I could visit India and go on photo adventures with you..