Saturday 2 June, 2007

The Journey Across and then some..

Here we are, my first real Photo Blogging Experience as the photo of me below doesnt count. It takes way too long it seems to get these uploaded so Ive been cooking lunch and blogging at the same time. Its a riveting day in the Das household. Also, its so bloody freakin hot and humid outside, I can barely handle it.
Have I mentioned the three cold showers a day Ive been taking? Im slowly getting over the shock of it, and embracing it as the only respite throughout the day. Hyperventilating helps, which leads into laughter on my part, its so refreshing its funny. Last time I had a cold shower? The last time I was in India.
So I hear that the monsoons are due June 8th, Sergei, the entire region will be celebrating your birthday..as shall I.
Im hitting the tennis courts today, my father is probably going to wipe the court clean with me, which wont be pretty since we're playing on red clay courts, Im going to be stinky in pink.

And we're rolling....

Walkway, Pearson Airport

Waiting for boarding,crews working on our plane.

Going over Germany, a bit overexposed, but I couldnt really help that, it was VERY bright above the clouds, I was able to open the window slide just long enough to focus and get this shot. Needless to say I was blinded for a few minutes after.

Netaji Shubas Chandra Bose International Airport, Kolkata
Shortly after landing, thats my Pop behind the taxi.
View from my room window, Coconut Palm and neighbours
Where we live.
Im going to watch this tree every single day till it starts to produce some fruit, what fruit? MANGO FRUIT.My backyard, essentially.Probably someone's garbage.
The veggie kabab that you see hanging is for warding off evil spirits.
Superstitions are the blinding force behind this culture.I took this shot because you dont often find women on scooters here in West Bengal, very different from Gujarat, where every second person on a scooter is a femme. She was just roaring through traffic..Fire Brigade, I bet the monsoons would come faster to put out a fire than they could.
This shot might be a bit obscure, but I had to post the only photo of my first full moon in India, on my first night in India.
Shes my Gypsy Queen in my Gypsy way of life. Meet Nilanjana Bose, I call her Mamoni, as I have since Ive been able to speak. Im sure, more photos to come..

This lady has been here for over 11 years, and she still remembers me from 6 years ago. This country really is timeless.Taken in the ladies loo at Calcutta Cricket and Football Club, Kolkata, AKA CC&FC, where most of my childhood memories have been forged, not in the loo, but in the club..

Thats all folks, I'll be blogging again in no time..
Till then,
love x 10,
Roh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog, Hope you keep it updated and show us a lot of pictures. You are much closer now...3 hours diff instead of 6. I hope you really enjoy your motherland...peace and love, also of Marijke..

Peter