Wednesday 12 November, 2008

Following the Peacock Trail Part 1.2 - Gujarat

It all stems from a childhood memory, followed by a dream that I have been chasing ever since..

Picture this: a nine year old, shuttled mindlessly from one relatives house to another...all the while yearning for a more tangible memory to hold onto..what are the chances that God was actually listening...? Immense I now realize, for when I spotted my first ever peacock, time stood still and something happened to me. From one rooftop to another, this mythical creature spread its wings and took a leap larger than any act of faith, leaving me with the feeling that a mastermind behind all the beauty in this universe truly did exist. Pretty big for a nine year old I know, but mother nature has this strange ability to unveil herself at the most impressionable of times..

Needless to say, my version of India has continued to expand with notions of what is real and mythical begin to unveil themselves to me. The journey is long and winding, and not without its mysteries. So when I heard the call of the peahens to their mates, immediately I knew that there was something more powerful in play..and heeding that call, was one of the greatest adventures I have taken so far..

Most of the following photos were taken within the surprisingly lush grounds of the Gujarat University in Ahmedabad, and of course, there was so much more to see and feel than just the hunt for the elusive peacocks. And so no one is disappointed, I'll tell you now that I couldn't get a single shot of the full feathered creature..but despite that, they did give me quite the show..






Green Chilly Parrot

Falcon Calling

Gourd Flower


Cannas


Cockscomb




Will be back with more in the next couple of days.
Still have three more weeks worth of a photo adventure to take you through..

X,
Ro

1 comment:

ashley anastasio said...

when are you and marco gonna fed-ex me cash to come back?